May 11, 2022, OHIMA was named a 2022 Medigy HITMC Award Winner in the Virtual Event of the Year category. Each year, the Healthcare and IT Marketing Community (HITMC) honors individuals, teams, and organizations for outstanding marketing and PR achievements over the past year. This year a record number of nominations were received by the judging panel.
for the Virtual Event of the Year is given to the organization that held the
best virtual event in 2021. Nominations are judged on the complexity of event,
feedback/comments from attendees, session variety (panels vs lecture vs other
formats), creativity and innovation.
OHIMA hosted a stellar 2021 Virtual Conference with their largest attendance at an annual conference ever! OHIMA partnered with 4 other component state associations to offer the OHIMA 2021 Virtual Conference to their memberships during a time when planning virtual events was challenging and resources were scarce. OHIMA21 evaluations were extremely positive – and more than a few said that the OHIMA 2021 Virtual Conference was the best virtual event they had ever attended!
OHIMA21 highlights included:
- 1222 HIM professionals from across the country
- 40 sessions and 52 speakers covering a great variety of topics to appeal to the many different areas of the Health Information Management profession. Education was provided in a combination of live streamed and pre-recorded sessions.
- The platform utilized for the conference (Whova) was extremely easy to navigate for users. It contained discussion forums, messaging, a virtual Trade Show, in addition to all the education and networking events for the event.
- Exhibitors and attendees participated in several virtual networking events – the favorite was virtual speed networking!
- An impressive 15,000+ hours of education were viewed and 15,000+ CEUs were earned during a time when obtaining continuing education was difficult due to the COVID and the cancelation of in-person events.
- A theme of “2021 HIM City: Virtual Life” made the conference unique and fun! Attendees and exhibitors created virtual avatars of themselves and used them throughout the conference!
“OHIMA is a shining example of what the Medigy HITMC Awards are all about,” said Colin Hung, Community Manager for HITMC. “It shows that what creative and dedicated people can do when they lean into their work and passions. As we navigate these challenging times in healthcare, we need more of this resourcefulness and ingenuity to inspire others.”
Lauren Manson, OHIMA Executive Director, states that “it is an honor for the hard work, engagement and enthusiasm of our staff, volunteers and association to be recognized with this award!”
For a full list of Winners and Honorees for the 2022 Medigy HITMC Awards, please visit the official awards page - https://www.hitmc.com/2022-medigy-hitmc-awards/
About The HITMC Awards
HITMC is a community - bound together by a passion for and a love of PR, communications and marketing in healthcare and Health IT. The central idea behind HITMC is to bring together all the smart, innovative and hard-working healthcare professionals so that we can learn from each other. We enable this by creating a culture where sharing, mutual respect and lifting each other up is the norm. The annual HITMC Awards are an embodiment of this ethos. They are meant to celebrate the best individuals and organizations who have elevated healthcare marketing, PR and communications in the past year. For more information, visit www.hitmc.com/awards